How work from home affected my sleep routine

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/210396/file-1414995818-jpg/KPs_blog_pics/asleep_at_desk_600.jpg


Long story short: It’s not so easy to not have a schedule. I’ll explain.

After some weeks of quiting my job my sleep schedule was non existent anymore. Each day I would stay awake just one or two more hours and of course waking up the other morning (or afternoon) one or two more hours late. So.. How do you get back to your sleep routine? I tried more than once to get to bed, and not touch my phone just to end up to 2 hours of laying in bed doing nothing and completely sleepless.

Didn’t took too long and I was up all night and going to bed at 9.. 10.. 11 am. This is the two major things that happened to me:



- Even sleeping 8 or 9 hours every day I was getting more and more dark circles under my eyes.

- The night pass much more fast than the day. During the day the earth moving, and shadows etc give you a much more precise sense of time passing by. During the nigh it’s 8+ hours of the same darkness and when you notice is already 6am and didn’t feel that so much time passed.



The funny thing is after my sleep become all day it seemed to stabilize! So I was going to bed around 8am.



Trying to fix it



In order to fix it I tried to do the opposite of getting to bed earlier. So after being tired of almost two entire weeks without seeing the sun light I stayed a couple hours more awake. These hours it was really hard to be awake.

So, after a week with a even more crazy schedule (going to bed at 7pm and waking up 3am), and loosing one of my holly Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes I managed to get back to the normal human not vampire schedule.





Getting into trouble again



Right now I going to the darkness again…each day going to bed trying to sleep and end up loosing one more hour. I kinda hate sleep.. I know it’s important and almost everyone enjoy it but people often enjoy sleep because they just are the extension being of the primer cravings of their own bodies. Sleep and sugar zombies.

I’m one of those who after the quick math panics after realizing that we could enjoy just 60% of our lives where the other 30% we aren’t even aware.



My tactics for this time?

Well, today I will to another BJJ class and this is a two hour long more active class.. So I expect to do it really hard enough to become home and go to bed (even thou I was up at 2pm today)
Previous
Next Post »