Dealing with criticism

http://online-shipping-blog.endicia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/3-Slip-ups-That-Are-Hurting-Your-Ecommerce-Business-and-How-to-Fix-Them-618x435.jpg

After publishing a couple projects, game, apps and themes I've dealt with lots of comments, both positive and negative.

Some people say my game is the best game of all.. That they become my fans, other really rate me now, asking "How someone could spent time doing this useless shit". Some give a great feedback suggesting features and mentioning bugs, other ask why I've done so stupid choices when making it.

It's really great to read from people who spent their time just to tell me they liked something I did, at the same time people have spent time just to let me know they hate me.



They hate me because a free game where they didn't have to spent a single penny to play, made by someone chasing his dream is not the way they expected. I agree you can dislike any product, even free, but is there a really need to attack me personally?

I'm sure that not all people who did that is capable to create a game by itself. They don't even have a clue how hard it is even for a simple game like Empire Clicker. For this simple game, I've spent entire nights trying to fix something that an update broke for the current players who were angry for a broken update.

Recently I answered to a post on reddit, saying I'm sorry if someone didn't like my free game, and asking them to understand that nothing bad on the game was with a bad intention. I'm learning by myself, even top AAA games with millions in budget get bugs. The answers were not really good. I was called stupid again.

Well, let's keep trying.
Previous
Next Post »