GlobalGameJam 2013


Yesterday (28/01) was last day at the GlobalGameJam 2013 and the first GameJam I joined. It was an really interesting experience. I already expected some bad things, like constant work, fatigue and less confort compared to a typical weekend.

But on overall it was good to know more people engaged on create their own games. It really gave me a boost on my motivation since working alone from home (especially on weekends) seems you are the only human on earth working isolated while everyone else enjoys their life.

I met really great artists and for the first time I was able to believe that their work is pure art and not some secret way to do things beautifully.

My "group" was only me and Alan Vasques from AbstractDevStudio It´s not the first time we tried to create a game together, but this for sure was the project we had most applied ourselves.

If you are new on Game Development and want to be part of go ahead there are hundreds of GGJs locations around the world and it´s a really wonderful experience.
First